Smoothies are nice and healthy. Add a bit of good tequila and they are even better. Here comes a couple of recipes for some great smoothies which are easily made
Tequila Fruit Smoothies
• 10 large frozen strawberries
• 1 frozen banana
• 1 cup Tequila. I usually go for mig La Cofradia Blanco. It is cheap but still 100% agave.
• 2 cups of crushed ice
• 1/2 cup water
• – and maybe: 1/2 slice of lemon or lime juice
Use the blender. Put all ingredients in the blender and giv them a whirl.
Blend them until you reach a creamy consistency. The banana adds the creaminess. And the lemon or lime enhances the “zing”.
This makes approximately 4 servings.
Tequila Sunrise Smoothie
• 2 scoops sorbet (orange)
• 2 table spoons of fresh orange juice
• 6 table spoons of tequila. For thi sone I like the Casa Noble Silver. It is a bit on the expensive side for a mixed drink, but it is a bloody good tequila and I really dig the aroma it adds to the smoothie.
• 4 ice (cubes)
• 2 table spoons of grenadine
• 1 scoop sorbet (orange, 2 mini scoops)
1 ) Combine the 2 large scoops of orange sorbet & juice with the tequila in a blender & process SLOWLY until smooth.
2 ) Place ice cubes in a tall glass & pour in the sorbet mixture.
3 ) Slowly pour the grenadine into the glass & allow to settle.
4 ) Stir once and decorate with mini scoops of sorbet (& a slice of orange, if desired).